The most popular and best visited 7th level waterfalls .The shapes of the topmost fall is said to resemble Erawan. The 3 headed elephant of Hindu-Buddhist mythology. You can do a soft trekking by 2 km. trail to the top level .The trails weave in and out of the numerous pools and falls, sometimes running alongside the water, sometimes leading across footbridges. Wear good walking shoes or sneakers. Also bring a swimming suit as several of the pools beneath the waterfalls are great for swimming.
Hellfire Pass was the name the Prisoner of war(POWs) gave to the largest of a 1,000 meter series of mountain cuttings through soil and solid rock, which were accomplished with minimal equipment(3.5 Kg. hammers, picks, shovels, steel tap drills, Can baskets for removing dirt and rock, and dynamite for blasting). The prisoners called it “Hellfire Pass” because of the way the largest cutting at Konyu looked at night by torchlight. In 1988, The Australian-Thai of commerce completed the first phase of Hellfire Pass Memorial project. The purpose is to honor the allied POWs and Asian laborers who died while constructing death railway.
River Kwai Bridge
The first version of the bridge was completed in February 1943, was all wood in April of the same year, a second bridge of steel was constructed. It was in use for 20 months before the allies bombed in 1945. It was rebuilt after the war the curved portions of the bridge are original.
Mallika is the retro-city reflecting the past Siamese lifestyle in the Chao Phraya River Basin. During the reign of King Chulalongkorn, Rama V (1873-1910 A.D.), the people’s way of life in 1905 A.D. was plentifully changed. The most pronounced was the abolition of slavery. When freed, these former Siamese slaves had to live and earn a living by themselves without control and supports from their noblemen and masters anymore. They had to live a life of self-sufficiency, self-reliant, and in harmony with all other Siamese people. These changing patterns of lifestyle are the cornerstone of today’s Thai people.
Kanchanaburi War Cemetery
The Kanchanaburi War Cemetery (known locally as the Don-Rak War Cemetery) is the main prisoner of war (POW) cemetery for victims of Japanese imprisonment while building the Burma Railway. It is on the main road, Saeng Chuto Road, through the town of Kanchanaburi, Thailand, adjacent to an older Chinese cemetery. The cemetery was designed by Colin St Clair Oakes and is maintained by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission. There are 6,982 POWs buried there, mostly Australian, British, and Dutch. It contains the remains of prisoners buried beside the south section of the railway from Bangkok to Nieke, excepting those identified as Americans, whose remains were repatriated. There are 1,896 Dutch war graves, the rest being from Britain and the Commonwealth. Two graves contain the ashes of 300 men who were cremated. The Kanchanaburi Memorial gives the names of 11 from India who are buried in Muslim cemeteries. Nearby, across a side road, is the Thailand–Burma Railway Centre about the railway and the prisoners who built it. There is also a Dutch Roman Catholic church nearby – Beata Mundi Regina.
Kra Sae Cave
This cave, which houses sacred Buddha images, is located approximately 55 kilometres from Kanchanaburi, beside the surviving remnants of the Death Railway overlooking Kwai Noi River near Wang Pho Railway Station. The cave is within walking distance from the railway tracks of Wang Pho Railway Station.
Vajiralongkorn Dam Was originally called Khao Laem Dam It is the first stone filling dam in Thailand that is coated with reinforced concrete. Located on the Kwai Noi River Is a multi-purpose dam with the main objective of generating electricity Built to block the Kwai Noi River in Tha Khanun Subdistrict Thong Pha Phum District Karnchanaburi The reservoir is located in Thong Pha Phum district and Sangkhla Buri district, Kanchanaburi. Construction started in March 1979 The dam has a capacity of 8,860 million cubic meters. The average amount of water flowing into the basin is 5,369 million cubic meters per year. Install 3 generators in the discharge area. The capacity of 100,000 kilowatts, total production capacity of 300,000 kilowatts, gives an average of 760 million kilowatt hours of electricity per year.
Srinakarin Dam (formerly Chao Nen Dam) is the first multipurpose dam of the Mae Klong River Basin Development Project, built on the Kwai Yai River, Chao Nen house area Tha Kradan Subdistrict Si Sawat District Kanchanaburi. It is a large river block. Eight of the 17 dams that the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT) built for Facilitating various benefits. As well as help to improve life Well-being of the people and promote it to be beautiful tourist attraction.
Muang Singh Historial Park
Prasat Muang Sing It is intended to be built as a Buddhist place in Mahayana Buddhism from the excavation of the Fine Arts Department that has gradually been done since 1935, but began to be pioneered seriously in 1974 and completed as a historical park. When the year 1987 was so beautiful as you can see today Prasat Muang Sing said that the architecture and sculpture Similar to that of King Jayavarman 7 (1720 - 1780) King of Khmer Castle Builder From the excavation of the Fine Arts Department The most important work of art is the Buddha image, the Naga. Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara and Parmaita Parmaita And also found another image of the Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara radiating aura Its appearance is similar to that found in Cambodia. At present, the Fine Arts Department has kept it at the Bangkok National Museum, remaining only a model.
Huay Mae Khamin Waterfall
Located in the park office area along the Srinakarin Dam. About 108 kilometers from Mueang Kanchanaburi district, Huai Mae Khamin Waterfall Very beautiful condition All over the shady area with various kinds of wild plants The eastern part of the park and flows into the Srinakarin Reservoir is one of the most beautiful waterfalls. Huai Mae Khamin Waterfall. Divided into 7 floors with different names to each floor, such as 1st floor, Dong Wan, 2nd floor, curtain, turmeric, 3rd floor, cliff palace, 4th floor, Chatkaew, 5th floor, flow until struck, 6th floor, butterfly thrust, 7th floor, Romklao each The floors are different in height and beauty. The park has made walking trails to go up to see each floor of the waterfall and is also a natural walking route. Is a waterfall that can travel all year round.
Phra That Cave is about 12 kilometers from the Erawan National Park Office. With a length of about 200 meters, with stalagmites and stalactites, beautiful shapes. The highlight of Phra That Cave is most of the stones are translucent and has sandstone shaped like relics. There are also master pillars in the cave as well. The cave is divided into 5 rooms, including frogs, hibernation, planetariums, veil pillars and bells. Phra That Cave can provide knowledge of geology and the earthquake too because there are signs of the fault condition caused by natural phenomena and earthquake.